What themes are we interested in sharing?
• Self-reflection and personal transformation.
• Meditation, mindfulness, revelation, spiritual discipline, religious reflections, prayer, and mystical experiences.
• Mental health, chronic pain / illness, healing, survival, addiction, and recovery.
• Dealing with loss, trauma, death, and grief.
• Relationship dynamics, nonviolent communication, and unlearning toxic conditioning.
• Observations and analysis of material conditions and the struggle for peace and liberation.
• Anti-capitalism, anti-imperialism, political philosophy, revolutionary theory, and Marxism.
Recenter Press Poetry Journal
(Issue 1 Deadline: March 21st, 2019)
Please send your poetry submissions to email@example.com with:
• “POETRY SUBMISSION: [First & Last Name]” in the subject of the email.
• An attached document of 1-5 original, unpublished OR previously published poems. If the submitted work has been previously published, please include the name of the publication and a link to the published work in your submission.
• A short bio in the body of the email.
Please send your visual art submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• “ART SUBMISSION: [First & Last Name]” in the subject of the email.
• A folder, attachments, or a link to 10-20 pieces of your original work (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.)
• A short bio in the body of the email.
• Please note that each issue will feature the work of ONE visual artist to accompany the selected poetry.
Essays & Interviews
(Submissions Always Open)
Please send your essay submissions to email@example.com with:
• “ESSAY SUBMISSION: [First & Last Name]” in the subject of the email.
• A pitch for an essay in the body of the email, OR:
• A full-length essay attached to the email, with a brief cover letter describing the piece in the body of the email. We welcome you to include poetry in your submission that you think would accompany your article well.
• Please note that in honor and gratitude of your work, each article we publish will be offered a small compensation.
Please send your book reviews and interview inquiries / submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• “FEATURES INQUIRY: [First & Last Name]” in the subject of the email.
• A pitch for an interview in the body of the email, including a short bio and a PDF of your book, OR:
• A full-length interview or book review attached to the email, with a brief cover letter describing the piece in the body of the email.
Please send your manuscript submissions to email@example.com with:
• “MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION: [First & Last Name, Genre]” in the subject of the email.
• A 15-20 page sample of the manuscript attached to the email. If this is a poetry collection, please only put one poem per page. If you have a complete manuscript, great! If we are interested in publishing your work, we’ll let you know after we read this sample. If 15-20 pages is all you have so far, that's okay! We’ll work with you to expand this seed into a full-length book with as much time as needed for the book to become the best version of itself.
• A brief cover letter in the body of the email describing the contents of the manuscript.
• A short bio about yourself in the body of the email.
• Samples of your visual art if you wish to have it accompanied in your book (if you do not currently have any visual art, that’s okay -- we will work together to bring a visual element into your book if we think it would fit, though it’s not absolutely necessary).
What kinds of books are we interested in publishing?
• Poetry, prose, micropoetry, and nonfiction (memoirs, essays, letters).
What services do we offer our authors?
Consultation, editing, book design, cover design, fair royalties, regular social media campaigns, graphic design for promotional purposes, photography of the authors for promotional purposes (if proximity allows), media outreach (press releases to blogs, lit magazines, personal network), and grassroots book distribution (local bookstores, book fairs, zine fests, flea markets).